Our client, Powerhive East Africa Ltd is a technology venture that partners with utilities and independent power producers to provide access to productive, affordable, and reliable micro grid electricity for millions of rural homes and business around the globe.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Procurement & Logistics Manager
Reporting to the Director – Project Management Office, the Procurement & Logistics Manager will be in-charge of overseeing Powerhive East Africa’s procurement and logistics operations through establishing the procurement and logistics structures and formulating related strategies.
- Setting up the procurement and logistics structures
- Developing the processes and procedures for the procurement function
- Working with vendors to ethically prequalify and set up background agreements
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant compliance regulations governing procurement in Kenya and East Africa region at large
- Ensuring effective internal control of assets, inventory and property management
- Assisting the Director Project Management Office in coordinating the supply of materials and accounting for them as well
- Assisting in sourcing for suppliers and in the bidding/tendering processes.
- Ensuring reporting and proper documentation of procurement and logistics activities in the company for purposes of compliance
- Managing the company’s Logistics and inventory
- Preparing procurement and logistics reports for guiding management decisions
- Advising the management and staff on matters relating to procurement and logistics
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Management with a bias in procurement or any relevant field
- A post graduate training and relevant certification by the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management – (CIPS, K)
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior role
- Excellent understanding of procurement laws within the East Africa region
- Experience in an organization of a similar capacity will be an added advantage
- Proven ability and experience in handling a startup procurement departments
- Excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced organization
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 8th June 2017 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Powerhive East Africa Procurement & Logistics Manager Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.