Director of Research & Impact Job at Living Goods
Location: Kampala, Uganda (preferred) or Nairobi, Kenya
We believe that families should have access to basic healthcare and no child should suffer from easily preventable and treatable diseases. Living Goods seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of people across the developing world by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered.
An RCT evaluation of Living Goods community health model demonstrated an over 27% reduction in under five child mortality, with similar results for neonatal and infant mortality. We scaled over 5x in 2015 and 2016, to over 5000 community health workers. We are building on this strong foundation as we launch into our new 4-year strategic plan to scale rapidly, evolve the model and accelerate progress towards our long-term vision of systemic community health impact. Impact is at the heart of everything we do and smart research, monitoring and evaluation will be vital to our ability to achieve our vision.
Living Goods is entering a phase of rapid scaling. To support our ambitious goals, we seek an innovative, results-driven and passionate individual, with a strong-track record of public health, research and M&E experience, to join our team as the Global Director of Research and Impact.
The Global Director of Research and Impact will own the impact strategy, research, M&E, and learning for Living Goods globally. As part of the global senior leadership, you will work across the organization and with external stakeholders to shape program strategy and drive new research and analysis towards the organization’s strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate is a results focused professional with vision and health technical experience as well as deep research, monitoring & evaluation skills. You are a global thought leader in community health related research, program learning and evidence generation.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development and execution of Living Goods’ research and impact strategy to dramatically improve the health of millions of low-income households.
Director of Research & Impact Job Responsibilities
Health Technical Leadership and Strategy
- Provide global health technical leadership in: MNCH, Nutrition, and RH/FP, Community Health, Behavior Change. Design strategies for new health areas.
- Refine and continually strengthen Living Goods’ Theory of Change through new evidence and practical research and analysis to fill knowledge gaps.
- Ensure LG team understand key drivers of impact that we learn from research and analysis, and that across the organization we focus on deepening impact.
- Recommend KPIs that are focused on metrics that drive the most impact. Together with country teams, set targets for KPIs annually.
- Ensure high impact, effective design, testing, execution and evaluation of priority experiments in partnership with country leadership, partnerships and technology teams.
- Incorporate new research, evidence, and best practices into program strategy. Identify opportunities for significantly deepening impact or maximizing cost-effectiveness of program.
- Collaborate with business development team, partnership team, and country health leads in evaluating new opportunities and contribute to health technical areas of funding proposals and reporting.
- Support team in high quality training, behavior change and mobile technology tools to support impact goals and focus.
- Build relationships with external health technical experts to advice on health technical areas or new guidelines.
- Represent Living Goods to key external constituencies, including attending conferences and other meetings.
Research, Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning
- Lead the development and execution of Living Goods’ research strategy
- Build evidence of impact of Living Goods community health model through managing current evaluations and conducting additional practical, targeted research and analysis towards our strategic learning and advocacy goals.
- Partner with country leadership to develop measurement and operations research plans to support priority experiments and innovations.
- Partner with Global and Country-based Advocacy teams to identify priority research questions relevant to the field of community health as a whole and develop and disseminate evidence to support advocacy goals.
- Partner with BD team to design and report on RME strategy for funding proposals.
- Package up program data and field research into publishable briefs, reports and journal manuscripts for influence and advocacy.
- Develop and manage collaborations with external academic or government research partners in Uganda and Kenya
- Build and manage, with country M&E Managers, robust monitoring and quality management systems including extensive data auditing systems to ensure accuracy of reported KPI data.
- Oversee program data analysis to drive continual learning and improvement
- Build high-performing country research, quality and monitoring and evaluation teams.
- Manage external consultants and research firms as needed.
Requirements for the Director of Research & Impact Job
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, conducting and managing research, monitoring and evaluation of health programs or projects
- Experience with a range of qualitative, quantitative, and economic methods for program evaluation, implementation research and program improvement
- Experience building strong data collection and management systems
- Outstanding analytical skills to both analyze data and manage others to do so
- Excellent writing skills and ability to develop protocols for research, abstracts and manuscripts for publication, and to package up data, research and analysis into reports and briefs for dissemination to funders and policy makers
- Ability to synthesize data, research and evidence for program decision making
- Deep research or program-related experience in one or more of Living Goods health technical areas:
- Community Health, MNCH, Nutrition, Reproductive Health / Family Planning.
- Publishing track record a plus
- Creative, energetic and innovative approach to identifying solutions and working as a part of a fast-paced, quickly-growing and results-oriented organization.
- Willingness to travel approximately 35%, mainly in Kenya and Uganda. This will also include international travel to the Living Goods California Global Headquarters and to represent the organization at conferences or meetings
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology, or related field
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
To apply for the position please follow the link; http://bit.ly/2q9W3im
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: (http://www.livinggoods.org)
NEW Professional CV Writing Service Available. Click Here.
The post 2017 Global Director of Research & Impact New Jobs Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.