Duma Works is recruiting a Business Development Manager for our client; a leading people and change experiential agency in Nairobi.
Main Objective of the Job
- Office Management: To maintain a well maintained, sufficiently resourced and smooth running operational office.
- Project and Resource Planning: To schedule project activities and manage optimal utilisation and allocation of staff and any other resources required.
- Staff Output: To manage the entire teams output to aid business planning.
Field of Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and directing an organization’s strategic and long-range goals.
- Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and to evaluate operational effectiveness.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management.
- Supervises requirements planning for department, division, project, or organisation
- Prepares proposals and site plans in conformance with codes and local and national regulations
- Acts as intermediary between community, developers, government entities, and business
- Handles rezoning, site plans, special-use permits, and related materials
- Gathers relevant statistical data and drafts reports on issues such as demographic information, occupancy rates, and land use
- Presents development proposals to government agencies
- Arranges for public to review private and public development projects
- Sets schedule for project or development and flow of requisite materials
- Supervises other planning personnel, such as consultants and developers
- Prepares budget and oversees expenditures
- Sets goals, policies, and procedures for project
- Interprets and evaluates legal documents and relevant legislation to assess impact on project
- Offers employee trainings and development
- Communicates with other managers, supervisors, and colleagues throughout project
- Performs surveys and field studies
Strategy and Marketing
The Business Development manager works with fellow business development team members to:
- Participate in and document Strategy development and review meetings with company directors.
- Track and update the business on market and industry trends. This includes updating and sharing competitor information.
- Develop and implement a business development strategy for the company especially for the categories allocated. This must be done in line with the companys’ mission and values. This plan must include a work plan for the manager and his assignees.
- Define monthly and annual business objectives as well as potential sources of business.
- Develop and update company sales collateral including brochures, fliers, websites and any other material related to business development.
- Identify, package and sell new products and services in line with the business strategy.
- Lead in identification, targeting and entering new fields, markets and customer groups.
- Broaden and Build referral and lead generation network for the company.
- Develop corporate brand strategy and drive reputation management initiatives with the objective to increase the visibility and stature of the organization.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports on the business including short term and long-range business potential for the East Africa market.
- Participate in business planning exercises including the development of models for spin off businesses.
- Create marketing campaigns for new products and services including budgeting and expenditure planning
Account Management and New Business
- You will have individual responsibility for new business, and are expected to self manage, however, you will be part of a growing team of people with the same job title. Support is available by the managing directors for complex pitches and strategies.
- Act as a representative of the company at industry events and tradeshows.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, action plans, reports and any further documentation, following the company’s Experiential procedure and adhering to the standard.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of each clients objectives including their Return On Investment (ROI) expectation. A written briefing questionnaire should be completed for distribution to the team and updates given at weekly meeting.
- Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner. Requests for information must be responded to within 1 week /5 working days.
- You will develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for the company to an agreed annual target of Kshs. 6 million invoiced revenue, to increase year on year
- Present the company to potential clients through direct communication i.e. in face-to- face meetings, telephone calls and emails. A minimum of 4 new client or new briefs or introductions is expected per month.
- Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting. An updated list of New Business Hit list must always contain 20 probable targets.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the operations management team.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to the company are recorded , explored and converted as often as possible.
- Gather continuous feedback from clients; existing, potential and past
- Ensure delivery of quality services to all clients.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Superior Written and Verbal Communication.
- Adaptability, Responsiveness, Sound Judgement, Active Listening Skills,
- Research Skills, Analytical Skills, Cooperative, Leadership Ability, Detail-Oriented, Problem Solver, Creative.
- Ability to Work Independently and as Team
- Interpersonal Skills, Multi-Tasking Skills, Innovative, Supervisory Skills, Comfortable Working under Pressure, Understanding of Technical and Legal Matters
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2835”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2835 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 10 June 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
The post People and Change Experiential Agency Business Development Manager in Nairobi appeared first on JSEP KENYA.