Job Opportunity Open to Expatriates in Kampala Uganda
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Research & Development
Duty station: Head Office, Kampala; Reports to: Manager Research & Development.
Job Summary: Will assist in planning, implementing, and monitoring all activities related to research & development, design, testing of our products, incorporating technology, value engineering, and cost reduction measures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the formulation of new product samples;
- Analyze & deliver results for identified product batches with raised customer issues;
- Maintain an integrated research protocol in the development of new products;
- Maintain and update professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD);
- Participate in the production and updating of laboratory documentation;
- Examine, test and analyze all developed products to ensure consistency& stability;
- Assess the requirements for new products based on the market needs in cooperation with Sales department and selected customers sample;
- Improving the product range and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends in technology and phase out obsolete products;
- Coordinate with concerned departments to update the product range with the developed product, e.g. Sales to promote the product, graphics & design for drawings and specifications, Purchasing Department for sourcing suppliers and procurement, etc;
- Perform complete review, verification, and validation for new products to ensure conformity to requirement and fitness for use; and
- Establish product design reviews with the aim of simplifying the manufacturing; and Operations, reducing manufacturing cost and possibility of product standardization.
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- Should hold degree in Industrial /Analytical Chemistry or in a similar field;
- At least 5 years work experience of Research & Development in a cosmetics manufacturing company;
- Able to keep Confidentiality on mixing formulas;
- An understanding of all regulatory requirements with regard to the production chemical products;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; and
- Ability to work within a team and work independently, self-directed and solutions-oriented as well as excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Interested Candidates Should Send CVs to email@example.com NOT later than 30th May 2017.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Assistant Research & Development Managers Jobs in Kampala Uganda appeared first on JSEP KENYA.