About Us: SunPoynt Ltd is a solar technology company, based in Kenya ,which brings a patented 22” HD solar a powered TV systems to Kenya rural households without access to news, information, solar lighting and phone charging.
Our solar Tv system enables off-grid customers to get real-time access to information ,clean solar lighting using the 2 solar bulbs that come with the system, enabling them unlimited access to communication by enabling them re-charge their mobile phones from the comfort of their house anytime,24 hours, thus entirely displacing use of harmful and hazardous kerosene lanterns, petrol and diesel generators hence improving indoor air quality and cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
We believe that universal access to renewable energy is the best way to alleviate poverty and combat climate change.
Overview: SunPoynt is seeking energetic and experienced Head of Sales & Partnership to manage a growing dealer network in new regions of Kenya.
Successful applicants for this role will be commercially-focused sales professionals with a proven ability to develop B2B partnerships with leading regional electronics dealers, Saccos, MFIs, NGOs ,banks and corporate companies to boost product sales.
We prefer candidates who have worked extensively with above product financing groups.
Successful applicants for this role will have a career sales background, a proven track record of managing a team and show strength in recruitment, training and team building.
Position Title: Head of Sales & Partnerships
Location: Nairobi coupled with field trips countrywide.
Position Start: ASAP
Reporting to: CEO
- Work directly with the CEO to grow the dealership network across Kenya.
- Develop new sales channels and partnerships with leading Saccos,MFIs, Corporate companies, Donors and philanthropic Organizations in Kenya.
- Recruit and train a network of Sales Representatives in the new region.
- Take responsibility for Sales Representative’s performance and sales within defined region.
- Perform Sales Representative management including activation and merchandising, training, and marketing support activities.
- Manage stock and deliveries to the Sales Representative network ensuring that products are consistently available.
- Ability to register Saccos,MFIs for a consumer financing loan product for our solar Tv and other products .
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure standards in a range of areas including merchandising, accounting, and other performance measures.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in a related sales field. eg: consumer goods, financial services or other product/service in East Africa.
- Proven ability to build and manage a network of small retailers in rural and urban settings.
- Incumbent MUST possess 2+ experience working with Saccos, MFIs and other Financial Institutions in Kenya.
- Experience managing inventory and stock across a network of dealers/agents.
- Direct experience planning and executing an Area Sales consumer marketing strategy focused on below the line activities.
- Knowledge of the local business environment in your chosen region.
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills across people from different backgrounds.
- English and Kiswahili fluency both written and spoken.
Desired Skills and Experience
- As most of what we do has never been done before. That means there is nowhere to look for guidance. You need to be ok with that to be successful in this job.
- You also need to be a very strong project manager. You need to be good with launching stuff and developing businesses.
- You need to be comfortable with uncertainty, agile and be a problem-solver.
- You need to be independent, solution-oriented and very comfortable with taking decisions.
- You will be expected to turn small projects into springboards for future growth – across the region and beyond.
- It’d be great if you would have any experience with product development, project management and work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- You will be part of a loosely organized, very lean, team so you need to be good at managing information and communicating
- You will work with partners from across the business and Aid world and you will need to do that without compromising the consumer experience.
- In fact you will be expected to continuously improve that experience.
Remuneration: Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus, company phone, all reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
How to Apply
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you believe you’ll be an excellent candidate to : email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for on the EMAIL SUBJECT line.
Incase of more information or further queries, call Us during office hours on +254725055887.
The post SunPoynt Head of Sales & Partnerships Job in Nairobi Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.