Job Vacancy: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type: Fixed term (two months, with possible extension)
Short Introduction: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager will play a key role in driving forward a results-oriented and strategic approach to programming.
S/he will build a culture of using data, results and feed-back from our activities to continuously test our approaches for effectiveness and value for money, and adjust course accordingly.
Summary purpose and objective of role
Monitoring, Evidence and Learning
- Leading the development of an MEL workplan and reporting templates for Year 4 of the programme, with a focus on ensuring that all logframe indicators can be tracked in a timely fashion.
- Developing indicator protocols for The Girl Generation’s revised Logical Framework.
- Supporting the archiving, data entry and analysis of retrospective programme M&E data (in coordination with a data management consultant)
- Coordinating the collection, analysis and reporting of routine programme M&E data:
o Obtaining, collating, quality assuring and securely storing monthly and quarterly monitoring data (included detailed narrative process monitoring) from The Girl Generation team
o Working with the Regional Manager and country Programmes Officers to gather programme data against the logframe and drafting the April – June 2017 quarterly report.
o Working with the communications team to producing monthly dashboards of media performance, including social media (using Meltwater service/Sprout social), digital (website metrics) and traditional media
- Leading the process of carrying out Social Movement Scorecard Assessments in Kenya and Sudan (by the end of July 2017) in collaboration with the Programme Officers in both countries and this may involve travel to Sudan.
- Supporting the development of a ‘Knowledge Sharing Brief’ which presents the social movement assessment methodology, findings, and implications (for publication)
- Working with the Lead Technical Advisor for the Girl Generation to develop a systematic process of gathering information, stories and evidence of change beyond the logframe, from across the team and our focal countries, and from our partners/members (producing at least three stories/case studies)
- Coordinate the roll-out of our Member Engagement Survey across our focal countries:
o Providing technical support to the staff/consultants undertaking the survey
o Quality assurance of data
o Analysis and reporting of results
o Agreeing key recommendations with Programme Officers
- Working with the Senior Brand and Communications strategist to streamline The Girl Generation’s external communications and offer support with the generation and creation of content for our digital and social media platforms, in particular, highlighting results and learning from our work
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of the small grants programme specifically review of grantees reports and gathering positive of stories of change to inform our social media and other deliverables.
- Promote evidence-based strategic decision-making within The Girl Generation team by rapidly summarising and sharing monitoring and evaluation data with relevant team members, in easily accessible formats (e.g. graphs, visuals, dashboards)
- Providing regular M&E capacity-building support to the team to ensure they are collecting and reporting appropriate, accurate and comprehensive data according to agreed protocols and time lines (in person and remotely)
- Contributing to strategic reflection and planning across The Girl Generation programme.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject (M&E, statistics, research methods, development etc.)
- Experience of managing different forms of complex evidence and information from multiple countries and partners
- Proven ability to lead coordination to complex international programmes and multiple country coordination, with experience with one of the focal countries
- Highly competent in the implementation of M&E frameworks, including log frames
- A high level of expertise in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, and the ability to synthesise and communicate findings from large and complex datasets into accessible written and visual formats
- Experience in using participatory and/or qualitative research techniques on sensitive issues, including focus group discussions.
- Expertise in monitoring the impact of communications/social change programmes
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful relationships with partnership with a diverse range of organisations, partners and consultants
- Significant experience working on gender, women’s empowerment or ending FGM programmes and campaigns.
About Options / Project: Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International.
We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Managed by Options, The Girl Generation (www.thegirlgeneration.org) is a social change communications initiative providing a global platform for galvanising, catalysing and amplifying the Africa-led movement to end FGM in one generation.
We also support grassroots organization through the End FGM Small Grants Programme which provides flexible funding to grassroots organisations working to end FGM in order to support their work in the area of communications, advocacy and campaigning to end FGM.
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Marion Pobo at email@example.com.
Candidates should state the role in the subject header
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 25th May, 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Other information: Options is an equal opportunities employer
Note: this job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
The post Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.