ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to implement the Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) Survey and provide technical assistance HIV prevention and treatment services.
These Programs are part of the US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited from Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Technical Communications Officer
Location: Based in Nairobi with some travel in Kenya
Overall Job Function: Providing technical support to various programs in ICAP, the Technical Communications Officer will be responsible for developing communications strategies, preparing accurate reports for various projects and developing Standard Operating Procedures and training manuals.
- Work closely with technical staff from ICAP and project stakeholders including the Ministry of Health to develop promotional information and communication material
- Edit materials (papers, briefs, brochures, manuals, power point presentations, etc.) in English and Kiswahili and undertake full quality assurance to ensure that they conform to ICAP, donor and Ministry of Health standards
- Organize and coordinate project events as required including workshops, trainings, sensitization and dissemination events
- Liaise and work with external print and media suppliers
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- A university degree in life sciences (e.g. nursing, pharmacy, biology etc.) is strongly preferred. A degree in mass communication including media and photography with extensive experience in technical writing within the biomedical sciences will also be accepted.
- Experience in communications work of at least three years within the NGO, public health or pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience working with media and in professional photography is a bonus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills English and Kiswahili
- Expert computer proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Publisher, plus a flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye; audio visual presentation design skills are desirable.
- Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and use of new technologies for communication.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current / previous supervisor) should be sent to
the Director-Human Resources,
on or before May 26, 2017.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The post ICAP Technical Communications Officer Job in Nairobi appeared first on JSEP KENYA.