Cytonn Asset Managers Limited ‘CAM’ pursuing a Fund Manager License with The Capital Markets Authority and later with the Retirement Benefits Authority, to be able to offer unit trust investments, pension fund portfolio management and real estate investments to pension funds and investors.
CAM, being an affiliate of Cytonn Investments Management Limited ‘CIML’, where CIML has established itself as a leading alternative investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya and DC Metro, U.S.A.
CIML provides privately placed alternative investment solutions in real estate, private equity and structured products to individual high-net-worth investors, global and local institutions, and Kenyans in the diaspora. Research shows that over long periods of time, alternative assets have historically outperformed listed markets.
CAM is therefore looking for an energetic, passionate and conscientious individual to fill the position of Legal and Compliance Officer & in light with the business intention of CAM to grow to the leading Fund Manager in the region.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal
- Facilitating Legal Compliance supervision and assessment to ensure compliance with the Capital Markets Act, Retirement Benefits Act and subsequent regulations and on all facets of Law
- Co-coordinating investor administration including reviewing investor communication, keeping compliance registers, Know your Client ‘KYC’ files, etc
- Providing strategic legal advice to the business
- Facilitating Compliance Audits and developing Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business and being the point of contact with the Capital Markets and Retirement Benefits Authority
- Developing elaborate anti-money laundering checks and procedures in line with the relevant legislation and ensuring strict adherence to the same
- Ensuring staff members conform to industry practices and professional standards in all activities, with specific practices and standards
- Investigating and resolving compliance issues, implementing procedures for monitoring compliance guidelines, maintaining files and databases of all records relating to compliance and risk
- Implement a risk-based compliance monitoring / operational risk framework to enable senior management to effectively understand, manage, monitor, and mitigate the firm’s various compliance and regulatory risks
- Liaising with relevant departments where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action
- Conducting legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing investment funds
- Contract drafting, review, negotiation and management
- Managing external legal counsel and regulatory service providers
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time
- A Upper Second Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B) from a recognized University
- Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school
- Be admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and possess a current practicing certificate
- Graduate degrees in finance, business administration, commerce, economics or equivalent shall also be considered; while professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA, CS or membership to a relevant professional body shall be considered to be an additional advantage to an applicant
- A minimum of three years of advocate post-admission, corporate and commercial law experience
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law
- Broad knowledge of principles, procedures, and best practices involving compliance, operations and general business record keeping
- Good understanding of risk management and ability to advice on global best practices
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues for regulated entities
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure
- High integrity
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: May 18th, 2017
The post Cytonn Asset Managers Legal and Compliance Officer Job in Nairobi appeared first on JSEP KENYA.