Purchasing Coordinator – Retail Company
Job Salary: 48000 base plus commission.
Our client dealing in retail trade (jewelry, African art, crafts, precious and semi-precious stones) with scope of operation at the local and international levels is recruiting for a competent Purchasing Coordinator.
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of continuous improvement activities related to warehouse of incoming / outgoing items. Coordinating movement of product from warehouse to the shops.
- Ensures orders are placed for right quantity.
- Ensure stock is received and on time, suppliers are informed and the quality is analyzed.
- Ensures analysis of products for continuous sales reports & purchases are maintained.
- Receives and stocks product from the head office and performs incoming quality inspections.
- Moves product around warehouse, and ensures they take proper storage measures.
- Overseeing Packaging of items to the shops.
- Assures accurate quantities of product were received by comparing appropriate paperwork, data displayed on reports, and matching product numbers. Question and resolve discrepancies as required.
- Data entry of product information using a manual key-in into the warehouse database for inventory tracking to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies product shortages/damages from delivery upon receipt of product.
- Ensure inventory is identified with the location information and shelved in the proper location. Product location information is submitted to receiving as available inventory.
- Performing periodic cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory and data integrity.
- Inspects products by date received for date-sensitive product, item number, expiration date (if any) and description; signs for product received; and completes receiving paperwork.
- Reconciles purchase orders with receiving document.
- Learns, understands and complies with all company policies. Adheres to all safety & GMP procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare Inventory transfers to the shops, schedule transport, and provides proper delivery documents for KAA clearance.
- Communicates with the Purchasing team and purchasing Manager on time delivery.
- Maintains HQ and warehouse store organization and cleanliness and provide support in the planning of the warehouse layout.
- Ensures material handling in accordance with general warehouse best practices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years related experience in purchasing role.
- Experience in the Logistics field.
- Experience with inventory control systems, Microsoft software, and procedures strongly preferred.
- Experience in a regulated industry.
- Good computer data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment’s, such as scanners etc…
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating.
- Up to speed with purchasing best practices.
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 19th May 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Retail Company Purchasing Coordinator Job in Nairobi appeared first on JSEP KENYA.