Duma Works is recruiting a Sales Engineer for our client, a leading cloud computing technology company in Nairobi.
Your razor-sharp insight means you excel at customer segmentation, acquisition and retention.
You marry clean communication with strong analytical skills and a solid commitment to providing customers with a great customer experience.
Help the company grow and continue improving businesses in Kenya.
You are an individual with excellent sales, organization, communication, and technical skills to join the business development team as a sales engineer.
In this role, you will scout for opportunities to offer our expertise in software development and consultancy to both local and international clients.
You will be responsible for finding and managing software consulting projects, responding to customer leads, managing a customer pipeline of prospects and projects, driving customers to commitment and pushing the deal all the way through to close.
You will also be responsible for analysing and designing more effective ways for us to communicate with our customers,managing projects as well implementing new initiatives to expand customer acquisition and analysing market dynamics to determine growth opportunities for our consulting business.
You should be a polished communicator and should have a good understanding of software development tools, methodologies and techniques.
Mobile and cloud computing is a must have foundation. Your understanding of other developing areas i.e. IOT will be a plus. You will drive efficiency initiatives and make recommendations on ways to approach customer segments
- Respond to incoming customer enquiries regarding their business needs.
- Drive a revenue number, forecast accurately and over achieve sales targets by leading customers through a sales cycle from prospect to projects.
- Translate customer business objectives and requirements into solutions and level-of-effort estimates to implement those solutions.
- Responsible for RFI(Request for Information) and RFP(Request for Proposal) responses, including the effort estimate, project team, timeline, implementation methodology and solution components.
- Deliver excellent services sales presentations to the customer as part of the sales process.
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies appropriate solution alternatives.
- Respond to and support customer questions and objections on technical issues and difficulties.
- Provide informal training and mentoring skills to customers and other Intellisoftplus employees
- Validates technical recommendations against customer requirements and prepare statements of work (SOW)
- Prepare and deliver client presentations, proposals and SOWs that clearly articulate the solution relative to client needs.
- Develop and deliver SOWs (statements of work), progress reports, proposals,requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Identify, communicate and effectively manage changes in the project.
- Oversee product documentation and adhere to the Project Management standards for project closure.
- Provide techno-commercial alternatives to the clients.
- Ensure competitiveness in terms of converting proposals to an order.
- Change management, effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Plan start to finish implementation of the projects once won ,Includes planning, implementing and managing projects to conclusion.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Determine projected costs, deliverables, timelines, feasibility, etc.
- Develop accurate project plans, appropriate resource allocation based on project size,scope and complexity.
- Manage and monitor project performance and provide guidance to the management and core team.
- Execute projects and report status to partners, customers, project team, management,and other key staff.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Works with business development group to research market trends, stay current in relevant solutions and technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across sales, delivery, operations, etc.
- Gain technical skills and expertise in the products, services, and implementation methodology including Google and Microsoft applications and cloud platforms.
- Responsible for both Technical and customer support activities.
- Establish the appropriate customer support systems and structures.
- Further and improve on business processes for the technical department.
- Partner with the the sales team to drive new services revenue.
- Must have the ability to take joint ownership of the assigned accounts/opportunities with the Account Executive and lead account management.
- Ability to connect with customers to become a trusted technical advisor.
- Develop customer demonstrations and prototypes.
- Support ‘proof of concept’ installations to help customers evaluate Intellisoft plus capabilities.
- Defining business approach together with Sales Representatives and business development team.We are looking for…….
- Technical Expertise, coupled with Client Focus, Smart communication and free flow of thoughts towards innovation. Clear focus on customer service and a high level of client satisfaction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience with technology focused projects.
- Previous experience of deploying Google Apps for Business
- The flexibility and skills set to be able to deliver elements of at least one other Google deployment workstream, e.g. Technical or Change Management
- A Project Management certification is desirable
- A Computer Science / Computer Engineering / IT diploma is most desirable
- Must have experience managing people
- Must have at least 2 years experience in similar position
- Diploma in IT / Computer Engineering or other related fields
- Good level Understanding of software, internet and mobile technologies.
- Good level understanding of Microsoft messaging, collaboration and cloud products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently. Self driven and self starter.
- Insightful, can suggest and implement changes to improve individual and team processes, sales methodology and user experience.
- Master and maintain strong knowledge of market needs, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with fluency in English and Italian. Be able to articulate when under pressure.
- Competitive Pay Package
- Excellent work environment and conditions
- Be part of a Fun culture
- Interact share and collaborate with Intelligent and diverse colleagues
- Work on Exciting Projects
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2809”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2809 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 25 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
The post Cloud Computing Sales Engineer Job in Nairobi Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.