Job Vacancy: Chief Financial Officer
The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer who will be reporting to Chief Executive Officer of the Organization.
Job Objectives: Provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization.
The CFO supervises the finance unit.
The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and assists the Head of Programme on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on sub-county, county, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and Head of Programmes in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure internal National revenue generation targets are met.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Lead the development of the Associational budget; develop budgets for project proposals, provide the Head of Programmes with an operating budget. Work with the Head of Programme to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all national, local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with IAS and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance/Fund Development Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance/Fund Development Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Not-for-profit accounting
- Current trends, developments, and theories in youth and voluntary Associations
- Resources of public and private social service and related agencies.
- Organizational development, human resources, and program operations.
- General office software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks/Sage software (or other similar not-for-profit general ledger software) and use of databases.
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, local community advocates, participants, and employers.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Strong leadership & managerial skills. Strong sense of judgment;
- A self-motivated individual with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interacting with all levels of professional staff tactfully and effectively;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines.
The post Kenya Girl Guides Association Chief Financial Officer appeared first on JSEP KENYA.