Position: Deputy Stores Manager
Role: Experienced (Management)
Purpose of the Role: To supervise general operations within the stores / stocks department ensuring efficient receipt, storage and issuance of stock
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and supplies or Supply Chain Management;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a steel fabrication or a steel trading environment;
- Professional experience with ERP and inventory control will be an added advantage;
- Previous experience in Kaizen and an ISO certified environment
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate leadership;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and high integrity;
- Demonstrated good communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery of stocks;
- Plan coordinate and monitor receipt of orders and issuance of stock coordinate use of ERP systems for stock management;
- Conduct cycle counts as per defined procedures;
- Ensure stock control systems are up to date;
- Ensure accurate inventory of all SKU’s;
- Plan and coordinate procurement of future stock capacity requirements;
- Implement loss prevention procedures within stocks department;
- Maintain stock inventory records;
- Generate inventory reports as per required procedures;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines on receipt, storage and goods issuance among team;
- Maintain and ensure a clean, safe working environment within the stocks warehouse;
- Ensure team’s compliance with ISO practices;
- Work as per Kaizen Guidelines;
- Motivate organize and encourage team work among stores workers to ensure work efficiency and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
How to Apply
Send your cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2797”, your full name & phone number e.g 2797 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications will be 19th May 2017.
Note * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SM or Online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS tests will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
(Regular SMS rates apply to the test)
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
The post Deputy Stores Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.