The main purpose is to ensure preparation, processing and clearance paperwork for Imports in Airfreight, Road Operations and Border stations’ services are effectively and promptly completed for all shipments that occur or happen in the Mombasa Operations Office
- Fully Update the Team Leader on all shipments status He/She is allocated to handle.
- Ensure all Imports customs files are opened and have all the relevant documents including customs entries, clearance documents etc before being lodged for processing with customs and other stakeholders
- Studies all the files in advance and brings up any possible foreseen problems for discussion. He/ She passes on this information to the Team Leader, Imports and HoD especially where valuation / tariff issues are noted.
- Process all documents for clearance and delivery of clients’ shipments.
- Ensure all relevant documents received and processed are as per the standard level agreements (SLA)
- Clear all cargo within the shortest period and storage free where documents provided in advance. Effectively represent the company and clients by attending to customs verification process
- Make sure any and all discrepancies noted during verification are informed to the HoD Imports as well as the
- Client Services representative / Account Manager.
- Process and make payment of Invoices from the respective Port/ CFS/ Handling Centre
- Ensure all statutory laws governing cargo clearance as stipulated in the government acts are strictly adhered to and inform management on any discrepancies
- Ensure SOPs are adhered to as per the OPS Procedures Manual
- Proactively plans delivery of cargo, including taking delivery instructions and makes sure transporters are notified in advance on loading days, time and dates.
- Ensure no loss giving jobs and keep operational costs to the minimum to increase file profitability.
- Undertakes any other job as allocated by the Team Leader, Head of Department, Operations or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Skills Required
- A Diploma / Certificate in a Clearing and Forwarding forward
- None Specific BUT any specialist Certifications, e.g. DGR Training, Aviation, e.t.c is an added advantage.
- Previous Experience not required BUT clear knowledge and understanding of Airfreight, Road and Sea Freight Operations is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Information management skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interns and Trainees, Procurement and Logistics
The post Port Clerk Internship Opportunity in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.