Tala Software Engineer Manager Career Recruitment in Kenya 2017
Jobs Vacancy: Software Engineer Manager Employment Nairobi Kenya 2017
Job Description: Today Tala Work Kenya
- Company: Tala
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
This is a management role within Tala’s management track. You will report to the Head of Engineering and collaborate cross-functionally with all Tala teams.
- Manage a team of backend software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
- Recruit and build an effective Engineering team
- Collaborate with product management to execute on company’s product roadmap
- Own and maintain substantial portions of the backend infrastructure
- Contribute technically to projects via designs and test driven development (Test Driven Development)
- Contribute to and improve our strong engineering culture
- Leader– you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your team. You act as a mentor to junior engineers. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven – you have experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Detail-oriented– you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code.
- Technology toolbox– you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Translator– you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design.
- 2+ years managing a team of six or more members
- Experience growing a team and hiring best in class talent
- Developed and launched large scale consumer applications on Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python, Play, GoLang).
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL)
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
Preferred skills & experience:
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tala (formerly InVenture) career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply
The post Tala Software Engineer Manager Job Vacancy Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.