Sciencescope Limited is expanding and evolving.
Our culture is one that empowers you to embrace new challenges and influence change.
Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
We are aiming to further expand our team and are looking for candidates to fill in the following position:
Customs Clearance & Documentation Clerk
- Review and identify the customs documentation requirements
- Liaising and advising suppliers on the various import regulations and requirements
- Ensure that all documents called for by authorities are submitted promptly to ensure speedy clearance of goods and orders are correctly recorded in the customs and company’s systems
- Ensure that all cleared goods are also cleared from the company’s system as well as Kenya’s Simba System/ KENTRADE and the same are properly recorded for future reference
- Verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for delivery against documents
- Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid
- Arrange for payment of taxes and duties
- Review and match issue documents to material to ensure correct item is being delivered to the warehouse
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders
- Should have good knowledge on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters
- Handle good working relationship with customs authorities and other stakeholders in the industry
- Provide regular and accurate reports on all cleared cargo and status of outstanding goods for clearance
- Apart from customs clearance the candidate should be able to carry out other secretarial work such as and not limited to preparation/typing of various office documentation, keeping records and managing renewal of permits / licenses, providing various report to the management e.t.c
- Must hold a diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related course
- 3-5 years relevant work Experience
- Certificate in Computer studies or relevant with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures and Simba System and KENTRADE as well
- Knowledge of documentation requirements and preparation Must have the ability to able to clear both Sea & Air shipments at the port as well as borders
- An overall professional and positive attitude
- Punctuality is must and flexible working hours
- Good interpersonal relations, communication skills and possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports as well as knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya as well as East and Central African countries
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include your resume and cover letter addressing the position of interest quoting the job title as well as details of your current and expected salary, current position, email address and telephone contact.
Applications close: Friday 31st March, 2017
Sciencescope will only process applications submitted through the above mentioned email and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Kenya.
The post Sciencescope Limited Customs Clearance & Documentation Clerk Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.