Job Title: Network Administrator
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain the enterprise security infrastructure
- Analyze problems, recommend solutions, products, and technologies to meet business objectives
- Implement firewall solutions to properly secure data and provide consultation on all new firewall implementations, firewall configuration changes, and projects requiring security operational support
- Monitor systems for any anomalies, proper updating, and patching
- Evaluates and performs planning, testing, and implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Maintains system documentation and configuration data for regulatory and audit purposes
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Troubleshoot windows applications
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in IT or Computer Science
- 3+ years’ experience as a network administrator
- Be CCNA, CCIE or CISCO certified
- Proven experience and success with enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN engineering, design and implementation
- Proven ability to engineer routers, hubs, switches and access points.
- Experience with security system applications like access control (Lenel, Onguard and Suprema), CCTV, Fire and Intrusion systems would be an added bonus
If you are qualified for the above position, send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th of March 5:00pm
The post Network Administrator Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.