Action Africa Help Uganda (AAH-U), a non-profit making agency that implements health and development projects in Uganda, seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative development leaders for its United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) funded programmes in the Districts of Hoima (Kyangwali Refugee Settlement), Adjumani District and Kampala for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Welder
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
Duty Station: Adjumani (with frequent travel to other field locations in West Nile: Moyo, Arua, Koboko)
Liaises with: Water technician, Vocational Training Coordinator, Electricians, Mechanics,
Job Summary: To lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as frames and parts using knowledge of welding techniques and engineering requirements.
The role is responsible for fitting and welding of steel, aluminum and stainless steel parts following sketches and specifications, following and maintaining knowledge of safety protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures for assembly, and welding operations.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings and stands in line with agreed standards and instructions.
- Assess and determine the appropriate structures, materials, and job specifications and welding equipment or method based on requirements for appropriate welding positions and methods for materials to be welded.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler to align components and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead) in line with welding standards.
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws, evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications remove rough spots from workpieces, using appropriate tools.
- Monitor and maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety in line with user guidelines for appropriate usage and or temperature regulation.
- Monitor work environment for hazards and maintain healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation.
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes in line with all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Vocational Training or Technical School Training with relevant Welder or Welding Fabricator Certifications from a recognized vocation and or technical training school.
- Experience with steel, aluminum and/or stainless steel required
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to Read technical documents and drawings like Blueprints, understanding of Electricity, Basic Computer Programming.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar of higher position
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to identify and measure material
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, tape measures and angle gauges
- Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time
Contract Duration: 12 months (Renewable subject to availability of funds and positive appraisal)
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications (together with an updated CV) with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts, by email only to;
Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer,
Action Africa Help Uganda;
Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P O Box 10501,
Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Detailed Job Descriptions of the roles can be viewed through the company website: www.actionafricahelp.org/jobs
Deadline for receiving the applications is: 13/03/2017.
The post AAH-U Welder Job in Adjumani, Uganda appeared first on JSEP KENYA.