Action Africa Help Uganda (AAH-U), a non-profit making agency that implements health and development projects in Uganda, seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative development leaders for its United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) funded programmes in the Districts of Hoima (Kyangwali Refugee Settlement), Adjumani District and Kampala for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Driver / Mechanic
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
Liaises with: Project staff
Duty Station: Adjumani
Job Summary: The focus for this position is to provide transport services to ensure programme activities run smoothly, vehicles are clean and in good order always. The position will be responsible for vehicle maintenance and repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver and collect goods, parcels and letters as required in the most cost efficient way.
- Responsible for transporting staff and partners for official engagements.
- Supervise and assist with loading and offloading of goods at the site upon arrival as well as when picking goods.
- Maintain the vehicle log book indicating mileage, task accomplished, departure and arrival times, and fuel taken to enable proper monitoring of the vehicle movement as well as costs.
- Ensure cleanliness and carry out routine maintenance checks daily and report any observed faults to the supervisor so that repairs can be arranged and servicing booked.
- Ensure the vehicle insurance is valid and prompt for its renewal when renewal time is drawing close to ensure that the car is continually insured.
- Diagnose problems, repair and perform general maintenance on all equipment and vehicles including adjustments of engines, transmissions, differentials, hydraulics, electrical systems and clutches on petrol and diesel equipment:
- Tune up engines, ignition parts, clean and adjust carburettors, perform minor body repairs and respond to breakdowns.
- Perform preventative maintenance and make inspections of vehicles for proper working order and safe operation.
- Perform required inspections on allocated vehicles.
- Maintain work records, time and material records on vehicle services.
- And any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanics Grade II
- Certificate level 4 in motor vehicle/craft technician course
- At least 4 years work in a busy motor vehicle workshop
- Clean national driver’s license
Skills and Competencies
- High level of integrity
- Good report writing skills
- Moderate computer skills with the ability to use word and excel spreadsheet
Contract Duration: 12 months (Renewable subject to availability of funds and positive appraisal)
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications (together with an updated CV) with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts, by email only to;
Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer,
Action Africa Help Uganda;
Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P O Box 10501,
Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Detailed Job Descriptions of the roles can be viewed through the company website: www.actionafricahelp.org/jobs
Deadline for receiving the applications is: 13/03/2017.
The post AAH-U Driver / Mechanic Job in Adjumani, Uganda appeared first on JSEP KENYA.