Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and build an organization from the ground up?
Duma Works is recruiting a Head of Software for our client; a distributor of modern fuel in Kenya.
Job Description: The Head of Software is a mission critical role that will take the company’s platform from hundreds of users to millions.
As lead engineer, you will design, build, and maintain its infrastructure while working directly with leadership on the company’s overarching software strategy.
Who you are
- You’re excited by the challenge of building a world class software engineering culture
- Have a strong sense of responsibility, ownership and the ability to drive issues to completion
- Are an effective communicator who willingly shares your creative ideas and solutions
- Are already based in Nairobi or willing to move
- Have attention to detail and a sense of humor!
- Designing frameworks for a wide range of frontend and backend features based on input from observations of operations, management requests, or specific hardware integrations
- Implement, debug, and optimize major systems in the context of a crossplatform code base
- Spearhead development of innovative solutions to optimize user experience, distribution, inventory, tracking, and telemetry
- Contribute significantly to system architecture, technical designs, and postmortems
- Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide management and guidance to sub-contractors, lesser experienced team members, and new hires
- Ability to translate user needs into tech requirements
- Entrepreneurial spirit and relentless drive to see a job done well
- Understand the issues around designing & building reliable, scalable software
- Independent and communicative
- Well organized and team oriented
- BS/MS Computer Science or similar with 4+ years professional experience
- Familiar with AngularJS
- Working knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational databases: MySQL/ MongoDb/Firebase
- Familiar with web services and REST API’s
- An understanding of server and back-end architecture
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes quickly and seamlessly
Nice to haves:
- Firmware and IoT experience: Arduino, Raspberry, Particle IO
- Mobile app development experience: native or hybrid • Cloud based app development experience
- Working experience with a range of programming languages: TypeScript, C/C++, Python, PHP, Ruby or others.
- Server/database maintenance and administration including permissions and security protocols
- Competitive compensation
- A driven, hands-on team with a lot of room for personal growth and leadership
- Exciting role at a fast-growing and socially driven company
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2708”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2708 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
The post Head of Software Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.