Kobby Technologies Ltd. is seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator to join our growing team.
This is a full time employment opportunity with our organization.
The individual must:
- Be responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills
- Be motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work assigned
- Be attentive to detail with focus on accurate results
- Be organized and able to prioritize tasks;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Have the ability to conduct research into software issues and products as appropriate.
- Possess strong customer service orientation.
- Be able to contribute to team effort or individual achievement.
- This position will require expertise and administration of multiple database environments.
- Individual must have strong knowledge of Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c technology and thorough understanding of relational database environments.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to the administration and support of large scale Oracle production databases spanning multiple Terabyte plus in size utilizing Linux/Unix. The position will ensure regular backups and restores are available for all supported databases.
- Experience with various Oracle replication strategies is required.
- The database environment must be highly available and current with required updates and patches.
The position might involve certain level of travelling and skills in:
- Administering and supporting Oracle production databases spanning Multi-Terabyte in size on different platforms.
- Maintain databases in accordance with internal standards, access control and security guidelines.
- Ensure high availability, timely backups and if necessary restores of production databases.
- Work closely with development and QA to troubleshoot connectivity or query problems for applications dependent on Oracle environment.
- Work with Oracle support services to resolve issues.
- Provide off hours on-call support and work off hours as necessary.
- Test and apply database software patches and upgrades.
- Regular monitoring/tuning activities to include analysis of AWR reports to look for database performance trending and/ anomalies
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008R2 or MySQL to provide on call assistance is an added advantage.
- The successful applicant can use his/her skills to create and install procedures to aid in systems implementation; assist applications software development staff as needed on systems- and technology-related issues; answer users’ technical inquiries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are good human relations skills.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of work experience as an Oracle DBA.
- Experience installing and maintaining Oracle databases and replication in production environments.
- Experience with Oracle replication methods such as Data Guard/Golden Gate is preferable
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge of key Oracle technologies (e.g. RAC, ASM, OEM/Grid Control, RMAN, Partitioning).
- Performance tuning and optimization of SQL.
- Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines.
- Required to deal and understand complex data models and object relational database mapping as it relates to system performance and stability.
- Must have strong, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Must have proven skills in system trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have good, planning and organization skills.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrable analytical skills especially as they pertain to monitoring and gauging overall system performance, growth and stability.
- Able to articulate accomplishment/progress.
- Operating Systems: Linux , Windows, Unix
- Cursory knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008R2, MySQL. Advanced knowledge of MySQL administration and tuning a plus.
- Languages: Java, Shell Scripting, Sql Plus Reporting
- Experience with Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata/ODA) is an added advantage.
- Hadoop experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite as an Oracle Apps DBA
How to Apply
Send your Resume to email@example.com putting the Job Title on the Subject line.
The post Kobby Technologies Limited Oracle Database Administrator Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.