Job Reference: IS314043
Our client, the largest manufacturer of metal roofing products in Eastern and Central Africa and the leading roll former of roofing products in Africa is looking for an Electrical Engineer to head their Electrical Department.
Primary Purpose of the job: To ensure good health of all the electrical units, optimal Energy management, cost management plus safety of both human & capital.
- To plan, coordinate, execute, document and monitor all Electrical maintenance activities.
- To ensure proper handling and storage of materials
- To ensure overall reliability and availability of all machines and appliances
- To develop and implement an effective response system for addressing issues.
- To ensure compliance with employee safety and health issues
- To monitor & analyze all breakdowns based on MTBF & MTTR and accordingly by use of the 80:20 rule initiate actions aimed at improving towards a total availability level of 90%.
- To ensure proper maintenance of all electrical equipment accordingly by use of the 80:20 rule to initiate actions aimed at Zero.
- To monitor & analyze all electrical maintenance costs in terms of frequency and unit cost and by use of the 80:20 rule initiate actions aimed at remarkable savings.
- To take lead in energy management initiatives.
- To prepare and submit appropriate reports
Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiar with diverse field measuring Instruments including Flow, Temperature, Level & Pressure.
- Familiar with Variable Speed Controls, PC Controls, development & maintenance of Analytical equipments.
- Management of Single – Loop Controllers & distributed Control Systems
- Management of PLC’S (Version 300/400 S7)such as Siemens and ABB’s
- Trouble Shooting of Automated Switch-gears & Overhaul of both Mechanical & Electrical Machines
- Planning Maintenance Schedules based on Cost Effectiveness on Machines & Personnel’s Shift Structure
- Management of Human Interface Systems in Controls operations – e.g. SCADA & MMI Systems
- Familiar with Machine capacity building – Installation & wiring, both Electrical & Mechanical
- Management of A/C – motors and their drive Systems – (Inverters, thyristors, etc)
- Familiar with Motor control circuits and their safety procedures
- Familiar with High Frequency Solid-State Seam Welders – 150Kw / 250Kw & 350Kw, that are water-cooled &
- Use Air-Conditioners.
- Familiar with Automated Seam Welders that Interfaces or Synchronizes processes Equipments.
Job Requirements & Specifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a bias in Electronics
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar busy multi-cultural manufacturing environment
- Should be strong in automation and PLCs
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews
The post Electrical Engineer Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.