Our client is a well established company engaging in development and management of commercial properties. They seek to hire an experienced Building Supervisor to supervise and lead maintenance and security personnel to provide tenants and staff with a safe, attractive, clean and efficient premise in which to operate.
Responsibilities for the Building Supervisor Job
- Responsible for overall supervision of building premises: examine building on a daily basis for needed repairs, maintenance and cleanliness and perform ad hoc maintenances required
- Perform emergency repairs as necessary, remain available to fire and police department on a 24 hour call basis in case of emergency
- Conduct on going regular preventative maintenance, upkeep and repair program including painting and general repairs to façade, plumbing, windows, electrical and mechanical installation
- Oversee and supervise daily maintenance staff to ensure building is in clean and functional condition
- Assume responsibility for the general security and fire safety of the buildings: understand and maintain all aspects of the building safety systems, including fire alarms, emergency lighting and escape routes. Ensure they are all maintaining to a high standard and where necessary recommend improvement of existing facilities.
- Responsible for producing thorough documentation, such as recording details of maintenance and health and safety checks in an efficient and organised manner
- Understand and maintain all aspects of the buildings security systems, including alarm, CCTV, metal detectors, locks and all aspects of the building. Maintain all equipment to a high standard and keep accurate records on file
- Produce daily and weekly reports on a timely basis on maintenance on security issues to be communicated and escalated to the property managers
- Maintain good relations and lias with tenants to resolve any reported issues
- Foster good working relationships with regulators, ensure understanding of regulation and licensing requirements and timely compliance response
- Maintain update data base of contractors and service providers
Qualifications for the Building Supervisor Job
- Background in maintenance is a must (plumbing, electrical, etc)
- Preferred prior work experience in commercial buildings
- Observant and pays attention to detail
- Able to create and implement security procedures and systems
- Should be able to do reports on maintenance and tenancy issues.
- Demonstrate managerial experience and abilities, as well as knowledge of purchasing, supplies, grounds keeping and equipment repair
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English
- Must have attention to detail and strong leadership skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How To Apply
Click here to apply. If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Building Supervisor – Commercial Properties) on or before 10th February 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
The post Building Supervisor Jobs in Kenya (60k) appeared first on JSEP KENYA.