To work with other team members in preparing nutritious and balanced meals for Children and Staff at the Children’s Center.
Cook/Chef Job Key Responsibilities
- Assist in Planning menus and food purchase requisitions for the Center.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and safety in the catering unit
- Follow control measures to avoid supplies waste and misuse
- Receive items and ingredients requested from the stores and keep record/inventory
- Preparation and serving of nutritious meals
- Arrange the kitchen in order and assist in planning menu options
- Follow the correct cooking and regeneration procedures
- Report on duty as per the duty roaster
- Keep up good cooking trends and best practices (Balanced Diet)
- Maintain punctual preparation and serving of meals
- Maintain good condition of kitchen equipment and report any breakages
- Observe health and safety standards including food handler’s certification renewals Ensure to observe Child
- Protection standards at all times
- Maintain positive professional approach with Co-workers and stakeholders
Requirements for the Cook/Chef Job
- Should be a holder of high school certificate of minimum grade C
- Should have relevant training Certificate in Food Production/Beverages
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a food production set up
- Training in Nutrition and meal planning will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of using modern kitchen equipment will be important
- Experience of preparing meals for in an institution especially for Children will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and Understanding of Child Protection Policies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Should have a valid Food handlers and Police clearance certificates/Certificate of Good conduct.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above send your online application with detailed CV and email contacts of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd February 2017.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The post Feed the Children Cook & Chef NGO Jobs in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.