The AfriScout National Program Manager (PM) will work as part of a growing global team (US, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya) that is enhancing the way pastoralists make migration decisions by providing relevant digital information.
Project Concern International (PCI) is looking for someone who is passionate about field work, is very strong on planning and communication, and is excited about the opportunity to work on a social enterprise project that could have huge impact for some of the most marginalized populations in Kenya and across the continent.
The Kenyan effort will be focused exclusively on product testing, launch, marketing and sales of the AfriScout mobile application.
The PM will be responsible for all aspects of marketing, management and field execution, including customer education and adoption, stakeholder management with a broad range of partners, monitoring and evaluation, and quality assurance.
Job Location: Nairobi, , Kenya
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Program Manager Job Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage program implementation of Bottom of Pyramid (BoP) social enterprise using a mobile phone application targeted to pastoral populations.
- Lead, recruit and supervise a small staff of two outreach coordinators [customer service representatives], an accountant, and a driver, as well as support a cadre of part-time, field-based distributors/customer service providers.
- Plan and support community mapping exercises and product orientations and workshops in 15 counties.
- Lead the design and oversee the execution of robust, multi-channel Marketing plan.
- Deploy an effective customer support management system.
- Liaise with county and national government, Telcos, collaborating NGOs and other relevant actors.
- Interface with our technology development and maintenance provider to address application related issues and consult on necessary fixes and refinements.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with up to 50% time traveling to the various pastoral counties within the country where the application is relevant. Some international travel to the US and within the region may be required.
Required Experience for the Program Manager Job
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of six years of experience leading social enterprise development activities, working in BoP markets in Kenyan rural areas; pastoral populations is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills required.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office and Windows applications (and corresponding Google equivalents: Sheets, Slides, and Docs); experience with mobile-based ICT is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required; any other local languages are a plus.
- Experience managing a budget and staff.
- Strong local networks: experience and relationships working with players in the Kenya BoP markets and in telecommunications is highly desired.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire.
- Flexibility and ability to transition across a variety of roles and settings – from the village to the board room.
- Strong analytical and communication skills: ability to effectively synthesize data and prepare clear, compelling and high-quality reports and presentations.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work a nontraditional work schedule.
- Balance: combining patience, empathy, and honesty with the assertiveness, clout and drive to see any job through to the end.
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Program Manager Jobs
The post New Program Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya Jan 2017 appeared first on JSEP KENYA.