Job Vacancy: Onsite IT Administrator
This position is responsible for working with local and remote IT Teams to provide excellent IT technical support services to onsite and remote users.
The scope of this role is to ensure that clients’ needs are met in terms of supported IT operating software and hardware.
This would include interaction with other teams such as the IT Service Desk, Windows and Network hardware support.
This position requires a high degree of customer interaction and teamwork. Must be able to adapt to working in very sparse environments.
- Follow through with user and help desk ticket Resolve incident calls related to:
User desk-side support: Troubleshoot client issues which includes organisation standards for Windows 7, Windows XP, Remote Access, desktop hardware, printers, handhelds, limited copier support, limited site phone support, limited GPS devices and barcode support and limited Microsoft Office.
Perform computer break fix for all supported clients as directed by help desk.
In collaboration with the DF team, act as ‘remote hands’ for the DF team when needed.
- Coordinate incident resolution.
- Identify the source of one or multiple incidents and propose workarounds and definitive fixes.
- Create and maintain a site inventory containing all IT assets in place.
- Annual asset verification
Change and management:
- Support planned DF operations on site.
Help managers Request rights and access management:
- Coordinate with managers to Onboard new users and collaborate in providing them the needed environment to work.
- Coordinate with managers to Remove non-longer required user infrastructure, and open calls for permission removal.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s policies and best practices for infrastructure replacements and upgrades.
- Coordinate with procurement on Purchasing IT accessories and peripherals
- Coordinate with SSL on Purchasing / coordinating computer replacements
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of basic hardware diagnostics and troubleshooting on Lenovo and Dell laptops, desktops and peripherals.
- Minimum of three years of experience in pc management and configuration including: Windows XP/7, Active Directory, Deployment Solutions, DHCP, DNS, back-up systems, and corporate antivirus
- Basic knowledge of network management including routers, switches
- Basic knowledge of printer and other peripherals troubleshooting
- Ability to work with clients at all levels within the organization.
- Windows XP/7 and other MCSE certificates are a plus
- Education in Computer Systems or related area or equivalent job experience. A bachelor degree in IT is a plus.
- Good knowledge of English, spoken and written, as well as the local language.
- Excellent troubleshooting and work prioritization skills and good problem solver.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel domestic and internationally.
- Ability to manage task-level details but be able to see the big picture of the project.
- Must have the ability to identify critical risks or issues
- Ability to be a self-starter, with the initiative and eagerness to succeed.
- Ability to work independently and to deal with ambiguity.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application and CV to email@example.com with subject heading Sales Executive not later than 13th December 2016
The post Onsite IT Administrator Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.