Production Quality Officer
Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking a long term commitment from an exceptional and experienced automotive professional to support operations and engineering by identifying process improvement opportunities within production.
The Production Quality Officer is responsible for quality assurance activities to ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained during production.
The role will require a close working relationship with the Production Team and Senior Production Quality Engineer.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspection of loaded production bins and confirming proper storage and handling of materials through; conducting visual and where necessary measurement tests; rejecting and ensure proper segregation of unacceptable materials.
- Carry out in-process checks by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to Production Team Leader and to the Production Quality Engineer.
- Approve respective sectional products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in engineering and operations management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in leading multi-function teams, defining operations strategy and identifying continuous improvement opportunities along with experience in managing global suppliers, production line configurations and quality engineering processes – within the automotive industry.
- 3 years related experience in quality in a manufacturing set up– preferably with a major in automotive company.
- Must have attained a diploma with a credit pass in either automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, production engineering, chemical engineering or any closely related field.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of quality methods and tools. This includes but is not limited to 8D, PFMEA, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Controls, Measure System Analysis, and Gage R&R.
- Aptitude for conflict resolution, negotiation and creating positive outcomes
- Creative and persistent problem solver; excellent analytical and thinking skills with a highly refined work ethic who is able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Maintains a steady focus on objectives and tasks – ability to plan and organize activities autonomously
- Self-confident, highly organized, detail oriented, high energy with excellent time management and planning skills
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Exceptional persistence and endurance to overcome significant challenges
- Excellent problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems and components
- Experience in developing part certification processes and vendor quality measures
- Strong knowledge of fabrication based quality control methods, tools and techniques
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Mobius Motors Production Quality Officer Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.