About the company: Our Client is in cosmetics ingredients division which specializes in pure and organic fair trade essential and cold pressed vegetable seed oils, offering a broad spectrum of natural raw materials for cosmetic applications.
Job Title: Quality Control & Food Safety In-Charge
Reports to: Factory Manager
The Quality Control & Food Safety In-charge will be the overall In-charge of Product Quality and Food Safety at the factory.
He / She will be tasked an essential role in the monitoring and advancement of the organization’s food safety in line with HACCP / FSSC / ISO 22000 and quality programs and take appropriate corrective action decisions where required.
The successful QC technician will have a scientific base of knowledge, an entrepreneurial and tenacious character, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within our company.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Excellent computer operation skills (MS Office)
- Ability to understand and operate basic product testing equipment
- High level of organizational skills, including written and verbal communication, creative problem solving, and commitment to company goals
- Demonstrable working experience in management of food safety principles ISO 22000:2005/FSSC/HACCP,
- Knowledge of Industrial Safety and Health principles and environment (OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004)
- Ability to speak to groups and conduct group trainings
- Positive attitude towards continual improvement to food safety systems and Occupational Health and Safety programs.
- Must command authority
Additional desired skills and qualifications:
- Should be a Diploma/Degree holder in Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, Food Science and Technology and Microbiology.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy ISO 22000 certified food processing establishment
- Knowledge of ISO 22000:2005, GMP and Understanding of HACCP principles
- Must have knowledge of EHS and OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004.
- Familiarity with modern food manufacturing processes and food safety systems
- Experience with 3rd party food safety audits
- Should have knowledge of Laboratory report writing.
- should be self-driven and focused and ready to solve industrial challenge with minimum supervision
Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehousing functions of the company, including pre-operational checks, sanitation verification, label checks, net weight checks and package integrity checks.
- Sampling work for all pre-shipment samples, consignments, in-process and finished product samples.
- Calibrate test equipment
- Schedule and execute sample submittals to external laboratories for batch testing.
- Receive and document batch testing results from external laboratories.
- Provide independent oversight of processes, verifying compliance to company standards and policies, and effectively communicating when there are deviations from standards or processes
- Assist in training employees on food safety, company processes, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QC activities
- Maintain organized inventory of retained samples
- Monitor HACCP critical control pointsand Ensuring that the HACCP quality procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in preparation for 3rd party safety audits
- Maintain ongoing company compliance with all applicable regulations and 3rd party auditor requirements
- Conduct research on Quality Assurance issues and deliver reports on research to management
- Informing the Factory Manager on matters concerning quality and food safety.
Report to Factory Manager
He/ She should be responsible for any matters arising from quality and safety.
Qualified candidates to send their cvs to email@example.com on or before 7th November 2016
Indicating the title above
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The post Quality Control & Food Safety In-Charge Job in Kenya appeared first on JSEP KENYA.